Packing can be a daunting task, especially with kids, but I’ve learned throughout my time traveling for work, as well as with my son, that there are some rules of thumb I always try to stick to:
LESS IS BEST (select a daytime and a nighttime shoe and that’s that!)
- Stick with one color palette when selecting outfits. This will save you time and headaches
- Invest in packing cubes. They can REALLY come in handy when you’re trying to separate clothes and especially when packing for kids. I also use these for dirty laundry.
- Pack a toiletry bag and always keep it stocked and ready to go. NEVER take these items out. So many times I have ‘cleaned up’ my toiletries from a work trip, didn’t restock or took out the toothbrush and then when I traveled again I forget half of my essentials.
- Invest in great luggage pieces with an ‘expandable option’ and select a brand that’s well known (ie., TUMI is my go-to. The quality is like no other and they’ve been around since the 1970’s)
- A STEAMER people!!!! Invest in a steamer!!! I have an iSteam and I use it at home (I don’t use a traditional iron anymore). I also travel with this and it’s AMAZING! ~ check out my Amazon store: http://www.amazon.com/shop/theserenestylist
- Here are my top picks for smart travel from: